The following are 2 methods of editing a location’s name to help distinguish it from multiple locations with the same name under one same account, or to simply nickname a location for ease of search. All locations will retain the same account number and Oracle name. You will practice how to:
- Search for specific Locations.
- Edit that Location.
First Method – Locations List
1. On the Home Page, go to Locations > Locations List.
2. Enter part of the name of the location in the Search bar and then click Go. You may also find the location’s name alphabetically by clicking on one of the individual hyperlinks.
3. From the list that appears, click the name of the location you wish to edit.
4. Once at the location’s information page, click on edit addresses.
5. At the top of the pop-up box that appears, change the Location Name field to the informal name of your choice.
6. At the bottom of the pop-up box click Update to save your change.
7. Location has now been renamed and will appear this way in all searches.
Second Method – Advanced Search
1. On the Home Page, go to Locations > Location Search.
2. You may now use the criterion of your preference. If you were to search by City, for example, it will give all the locations at that particular city. Input the information, and press Enter or click on Search for Location Results.
3. All locations at the selected city will display. Click the edit link in the row of a particular hospital.
4. Just as in the First Method, change the Location Name field to the informal name of your choice, and then click Update at the bottom of the pop-up box to save your change.